Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

OBAMACARE - WTF?

First I was delighted to hear about Obamacare. I figured if I could save a couple hundred bucks a month and put them towards my botox injections.

However, now that I have been shopping around on the Healthcare.gov site [when it works] I have discovered these plans are not so great and not all that different from pre-Obamacare plans.

The new plans are cheap but they all require HUGE deductibles even to just see a doctor. So I would have to pay $300 a month for a plan PLUS $3000 deductible before I can go in to see a doctor via insurance. Since I just need to see a few doctors a year why don't I just pay out of pocket $170-200 per visit and save the $300/month for insurance. Bottom line is the healthcare plans being offered via government SUCK. Who the hell is going to be able to afford them?

Healthcare plans with no deductibles run $600/month SAME  as BEFORE Obamacare. These are the plans one gets through employers.

Obamacare is better then temp agency plans which require $200/month and limit your coverage to $1000 but they are not as great as I originally thought. More research is required though as I just can't believe the government would force us to buy such expensive insurance.